y-notts is a charity which provides financial assistance in the form of grants to young people from Nottinghamshire who have been prevented, by circumstances, from pursuing their education and training and reaching their full potential.
Grants are available to individuals and to groups for a specific project.
Examples of grants made to individuals are:
- for essential equipment to enable an apprentice to complete their course
- support for an individual to gain a qualification through distance learning
- resources for a dyslexic learner
- course fees for learners excluded from other funding streams.
Grants to groups include:
- funding a self-help group for young adult mental health patients
- supporting initial set up for an asylum group
- automotive equipment for an alternative education provider
- hire of equipment for a music workshop.
We do not support:
- Undergraduate tuition fees or living costs
- Post graduate courses
Each application must:
- Be made on a fully completed application form
- Briefly state how the grant will assist the education, training or personal and further development of the applicant/group
- Not exceed £3,000. More may be available for groups.
- Include 2 independent referees
The committee’s decision will be given in writing by email within 14 days of the committee meeting.
Grants are only made where no other funding is available
We only make one-off grants
Following a successful application: we will make payments upon production of receipts or invoices